Tuesday, June 14, 2011

OK so I'm bored!!!  I have been laid up for last 2 weeks with a pulled muscle and a pinched nerve.  I have been given orders to stay of my feet as much as possible.  It's driving me crazy!!!  I have been able to do the laundry so....
I ran out of detergent again and decided to make some more.  this time I used "pink zote"  I do not like pink, but have heard that it is a very good laundry soap used in Mexico.   I shredded one bar, then added a couple cups each of baking soda, washing soda and borax.  This is the outcome.

Well, not quite so pink, but I hope it's impressive with the wash. I posted before about this, but I used a bar of "fels-naptha".  I personally liked it, but want to be able to compare it to.  Do you use homemade detergent?  What kind?

3 comments:

  1. I have tried the same recipe with Fels-Naptha, but I didn't feel like it got the clothes clean enough. I usually use Tide. :) Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Billi!
    Thanks for leaving me a comment! So nice to hear from new people :)
    I make my own soap but had the same problem as Nancy so now I add oxyclean to the mix and it seems to do a better job. My whites were getting dingy! I've used Dove and Fels Naptha and haven't really noticed that one is better than the other. I think you can use ivory too.
    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you came by to say hello! Don't you just love making your own laundry detergent?! I have been making it for 3 years now and will continue to make it! How are all your hens doing? Did they all live? (Read your post when they were hatching). Did the 25 watt bulb keep them warm? I was told to use no less then a 100 watt. Just wondering for the future when I get more!

    Hugs,
    Maryjane

    ReplyDelete